to go to Download the eSSENTIAL ACCESSIBILITY app.
eSSENTIAL Accessibility is an innovative way of providing people with disabilities the tools they need to connect via the Web.
Accessibility Standards for Customer Service
Camphill Communities Ontario shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that its policies, procedures and practices as amended from time to time are consistent with the following principles:
- The goods or services will be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- The provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities and others must be integrated unless an alternate measure is necessary, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis, to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from the goods or services.
- Persons with disabilities must be given an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain, use and benefit from the goods or services.
Camphill Communities Ontario permits persons with disabilities to use and keep with them their own personal assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from the goods or services offered by Camphill Communities Ontario.
Accessibility Standard for Customer Service Policy
The policy includes information on the following:
- Providing goods and services to people with disabilities
- Use of service animals, support persons and assistive devices
- Notice of service disruption
- Staff training on accessible customer service
- Feedback process
- Notice of availability and format of documents
Accessibility Customer Service Training
Camphill Communities Ontario employees, contractors, vendors and volunteers are required to complete training which includes:
- How to interact with people with various disabilities
- How to interact with people who may use an assistive device or the assistance of a support person, guide dog or other service animal to access goods and/or services at the Town
- How to use assistive devices available on the premises
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing services
- Details of Camphill Communities Ontario’s accessibility policy, procedures and practices
Training required for Camphill Communities Ontario’s suppliers of goods and services:
The legislation states that contractors, vendors and individuals that Camphill Communities Ontario has contracted to provide goods or services must ensure that their employees are trained on providing accessible customer service. Training can be as simple as reading through the "Accessible Customer Service Training Pamphlet" and can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-424-5363.
Notice of Service Disruption
Notice of Service Disruption shall be provided when facilities or services that people with disabilities usually use to access Camphill Communities Ontario’s goods or services are temporarily unavailable or if the goods or services are expected in the near future to be temporarily unavailable, in whole or in part. Notice may be given by posting information in a conspicuous place on the premises, on the Camphill Communities Ontario’s website or any other such method as is reasonable in the circumstances.
Camphill Communities Ontario welcomes comments on the provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities. It helps identify areas where changes need to be considered and ways in which we can improve the delivery of accessible goods and services. Feedback can be provided by telephone, email, in person, in writing or by filling in our accessibility feedback form here on our web site.
In person or in writing:
Camphill Communities Ontario
7841 4th Line
For information on the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act please visit http://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/programs/accessibility/index.aspx.